Friday, June 8, 2012

detox

i'm on a detox right now. today is the midpoint of it. it's based on ayurvedic practices and involves morning dinacharya, including waking up early, dry brushing and rubbing oils on my skin towards my heart, tongue scraping, neti, yoga and meditation, and taking supplements to aid in digestion and detoxification. i'm halfway through the mono-diet, and have already made a date with a friend for sunday lunch at a local vegan and gluten-free restaurant. while the mono-diet is hard and making me at turns cranky and hyper, and i doubt that my sweet tooth will go anywhere as a result, the detox is getting me back into healthier routines. and i'm dreaming of all the delicious things that i will cook and bake in the coming days! that's the most important part, i think. reminding myself that i do have time to cook for myself despite busy days, and that i can do it in a way that doesn't only involve baked goods and toast. of course, the first thing that i plan on making is a cheesecake, but it's all in the intention :)

No comments:

Post a Comment