Friday, January 13, 2012

everything happens for a reason

it's been a little longer since i last wrote than i would have liked. i've been busy, flying across time zones and being accepted into graduate programs (a very exciting surprise that hasn't quite sunk in yet). looks like i'll be moving to the u.k. for a year this autumn. i'm incredibly excited about the opportunity to live and study in my favourite city, especially since it means my short-term plans will continue to trundle towards my long-term goal. of course, life has a way of throwing curveballs at us, and moving so far away from my current home will come at a price (other than the significant financial one). relationships as they are will change. it has been pointed out to me recently that we are never the same moment from moment, which i suppose is another way of saying that we constantly evolve. i forgot about that. i have trouble letting go of things, and quick adaptation seems to be a 50/50 shot. i've made some late new year's resolutions though. i need to spend some more time focusing on my own needs rather than basing my life around others'. that will take a major mental shift, but i'm optimistic. back to yoga, eating healthily, doing things that make me happy. it's a new year. i wish you all health, happiness, and warmth on those chilly days.

No comments:

Post a Comment